Sometimes creditors or agencies need to ask that courts place businesses into receiverships, so that creditors or victims can be compensated for their losses due to wrongdoing associated with these businesses. At the Lubbock, Texas Bustos Law Firm, P.C., we have significant experience working with the following agencies as a receiver for the multi-million dollar businesses that need to be operated or sold for the benefit of creditors or investor fraud victims:
- Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC)
- Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD)
- Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI)
Attorney Fernando M. Bustos has also served as an expert witness regarding receivership issues.
Examples of Mr. Bustos' receivership experience include—
- SEC receivership arising from investor fraud involving over 250 investor victims and approximately $45 million in losses. Operates four different restaurant concepts and a tennis and fitness club as part of estate operations.
- Federal court receivership involving close work with HUD which included satellite litigation in two federal district courts, two bankruptcy courts, and management of 20 different multifamily property complexes
Contact us today
For experienced legal counsel in commercial and employment litigation, trademark and copyright registration and infringement litigation, and receiverships, contact the Bustos Law Firm, P.C. today.